Monday, November 19, 2007

BICAS, Tucson AZ

The Bicycle Kitchen in L.A. (www.bicyclekitchen.com) has been a sort of second home to me since moving to L.A., where I first built a bike 2 weeks after arriving. It moved from the Eco Village to a store front, and has always been such and amazing and impressive space, there was nothing like this in Melbourne, which subsequently meant I never had the tools or the knowledge to fix my own bicycle. Arriving in Tucson numerous people told me about BICAS, but I never quite pictured what they were telling me


The entrance into BICAS


Some of the floats from previous parades


The 'classroom'


The main workshop space


Some of the bicycle frames and parts to be built up


More bikes...


Art-space/store


One of the many stencils outside, and my favourite

No comments: