This week the drywalling of the bathroom was completed. Though there was very little original drywall left, a small section of ceiling still had to be tore down. This was particularly fun as years of the roof being "pigeon central" led me to being showered in pigeon presents from the sky as I tore the ceiling down.
Next stop Matt's room. And avoiding being taken to court by the City for being quote "a blight on the neighbourhood".
Things walkable from la casa:
- Smart and Final and Food for Less
- Several bus-stops
- Numerous panaderias
- Post office
- Veggie burritos
- Mariachi Plaza
- Public pool (lookout summer)
- Hollenbeck Park (the non-gentrified version of Echo Park lake) and skatepark
- 10 minute ride to downtown
- Burnout neighbours playing foosball 24/7